Whether you’re bringing the whole family together for the weekend or rounding up a few friends for a day of light-hearted fun, we’re pretty sure Jack Frost Winterfest Feb 14-17th is the most fun you’ll have in a snowsuit. Here’s a quick run-down of what you can expect from this year’s event!
1) AMAZING VENUES – This year’s festival is spread out over five interactive and nearby venues in the downtown Charlottetown core.
Here they are at a glance:
2) IT’S FOR KIDS AND KIDS AT HEART – Not only does Jack Frost have classic programming for children like ice and snow slides at the Snow Kingdom and plenty of indoor activities at the Indoor Playland, but there will also be things like freestyle snowmobile demos, axe throwing, arm-wrestling competitions, gaming stations, a disco state, and tons more out-of-the-box things to do for people of all ages throughout the festival.
3) UNIQUE ACCOMMODATIONS – Whether it’s an urban boutique hotel like The Holman Grand Hotel that suits your fancy or the lovely Hotel on Pownal, we have plenty of beautiful accommodations that will suit your family’s needs. Click here for a list of all the hotel partners and VIP hotel packages that include perks like early venue access to make your Jack Frost experience a breeze.
4) INCREDIBLE LIVE ENTERTAINMENT – The Live Family Stage at the Confederation Centre of the Arts features two shows a day (Saturday & Sunday) with the global phenomenon and YouTube’s 5th most-viewed video of all time, Baby Shark, as well as everyone’s two favourite bunnies, Max & Ruby, who can’t wait to share their family adventures with you!
5) VIP PERKS – When you book a VIP hotel package for Jack Frost, you get early entry to both the Snow Kingdom at Confederation Landing and the Indoor Playland at PEI Conventions Centre/Delta Prince Edward Hotel. This means—you guessed it—NO LINES for the first hour of the day. VIPs can also enjoy breakfast with mascots Saturday & Sunday. What a way to start the day!
6) HIGH ENERGY PERFORMANCES – From freestyle snowmobile stunts and snowboarding demos at the Snow Kingdom (Confederation Landing) to magic shows and other family entertainment at the Indoor Playland (Convention Centre at Delta Prince Edward Hotel), there will be more fun than you can shake a stick at!
7) LIGHT UP THE NIGHT – The city will come alive after dark at Aurora, taking place on Victoria Row Saturday, February 15th from 6:30-8:30pm. Visitors and locals alike attend for free and can expect DJs, fireworks, a marshmallow station, buskers, live ice sculpting, and a seriously fun vibe.
8) COZY & HIP WARM-UP ZONE – The Warm-Up Zone this year is located right next to the Snow Kingdom inside Founder’s Food Hall & Market, which contains tons of hot food vendors, local craft beer, adorable artisan shops, cold-pressed juice, gourmet donuts, and locally-roasted coffee! It’s the perfect place to refuel before your next round of activity.
9) THERE’S NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT – It’s the largest outdoor winter festival in all of Atlantic Canada and is being put on by the same event producers as Montreal’s BARBEGAZI and JACKALOPE’s action sports festivals. In other words, they’ve been around the block and know how to throw an amazing outdoor event!
10) WALKABLE LOCATIONS – This year’s downtown location and walkable size of Charlottetown makes Jack Frost very easy to navigate. Many of our hotels are also located in the downtown area, so you can simply leave your car and explore the city on foot! Downtown parkades will also be open for those travelling into the city by car.
11) JUST EMBRACE WINTER – Because let’s be real, winter can be a bit of a drag if you don’t actively do things to mix it up. Jack Frost will surely wipe away those winter blues and reignite your love for winter once again. So be sure to round up your close pals, family members, or co-workers and get out and make the most of it!
For more information on programming and to purchase your VIP hotel packages, head to www.jackfrostfestival.com. Tickets can also be purchased in-person at Kent Street Market (136 Kent Street) in Charlottetown. We hope to see you there!