Please find a list of resources that we feel you, our partners, may find helpful. This is not an exhaustive list and we encourage you to check on the provincial page and the federal page for the most up to date information.
Get those creative juices flowing, y’all! Through the Shoulder Season Product Development Ignition Fund (in partnership with ACOA), we will continue the work we’ve been doing on shoulder season development by helping to fund and create product in collaboration with private operators.
Shoulder Season Product Development Ignition Fund PDF
• December 2020 Update
• October 2020 Update
• September 2020 Update
• July 2020 Update
• June 2020 Update
• May 2020 Update
• April 2020 Update
• PEI RTA Communication Follow-up to Government
• Restaurants Canada: COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Guide for PEI
This document is meant as a discussion guide for Discover Charlottetown’s partners. The framework was created so we could have some unity on possible scenarios and discuss how we can work together. We look forward to getting your feedback and hearing about your new plans, products, and best practices.
The Government of PEI’s Phases One to Phase Four outlines a general plan for renewing some activities and services in PEI while continuing to manage the risk related to COVID-19.
Created in response to COVID-19, The Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy provides savings to employers through a subsidy of employee wages.
• Canada Emergency Response Benefit
• Canada Emergency Business Account
• Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
• Deferral Of GST/HST And Customs Duty
The COVID-19 Business Adaptation Advice program provides a non-repayable contribution to Prince Edward Island businesses, entrepreneurs, not-for-profits, and non-governmental organizations to access professional advice and support to adapt or recover from the impacts of COVID-19. The deadline to apply was July 1, 2020.
PEI Business Adaptation Advice Program
• Commercial Lease Rent Deferral Program
• Emergency Income Relief for the Self-Employed
• Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund
• Operational Plan Template
• Special Situation Fund for businesses & organizations
• Emergency Working Capital Financing
• Employee Gift Card Program
• Other Provincial Programs & Information for Businesses
A number of retired Chartered Professional Accountants from PEI have come together to form a volunteer group, Island Small Business Mentors, to help Small Businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.