1. Book yourself a stay to experience the magic of Charlottetown when she’s dressed in her wintery best. During March & April, stay 2 nights and receive a $50 cash card for participating businesses! More info here.
2. Plan a Thursday night pub crawl with friends or a date. during March & April, enjoy FREE hop-on, hop-off shuttle service and happy hour deals across the city! More info here.
3. Check out an Ice City Winter Terrace at Charlottetown Beer Garden or Lone Oak Brewpub for fire pit gatherings, seasonal and hand-held food & beverages, entertainment and more.
4. Grab your skates and hit one of the city’s outdoor skating rinks.
5. Gather the family and enjoy a $5 movie night at City Cinema – from 4-6pm on Sundays in March & April.
6. Plan a well-deserved Friday night out – parents style. Enjoy FREE childcare programming every Friday evening during March & April with proof of dining out in Charlottetown. More info here.
7. Get a workout in and do some sightseeing at the same time with nordic (cross-country) or downhill skiing! Within city limits, the Confederation Trail offers groomed trails perfect for a short, easy ski, or head out to Mark Arendz Provincial Ski Park where you can rent traditional downhill skis, cross-country skis or skate skis, and enjoy gorgeous trails that take you through peaceful forests and fields.
8. Create a masterpiece at East Coast Art Party. For 19+ art parties, enjoy a drink from the bar service available.
9. Excite your taste buds with samples of beer, ciders, and coolers at this year’s PEI Beer Festival (Feb 23 – 24).
10. Participate in Flow In The Snow on Saturdays & Sundays at 11:30am. Discover all-new ways to move and stretch out those winter kinks. It’s FREE and family-friendly!
11. Embrace the charm of the great outdoors by enjoying a hot drink in one of the many red Adirondack chairs on patios throughout Charlottetown.
12. Head to Beaconsfield Historic House for an intimate Winter Concert Series – every Friday until March 22.
13. Keep an eye on the Confederation Centre of the Arts, The Guild, and Trailside’s social media and websites for their fabulous live entertainment including comedy, music, and more.
14. Grab a pint of local brew at The Gahan House and enjoy live, acoustic music by local talents every Wednesday & Thursday starting at 8pm. More of a wine lover? Split a bottle with a friend during Gahan’s Uncorked Tuesdays.
15. Pop your headphones on, shuffle your favourite playlist, and take a refreshing stroll along the waterfront boardwalk. Make it a date with your person (bonus points if your person = your pup).
16. Nuzzle in with a crisp cider at Red Island Cider, PEI’s coziest taproom. During March, they are hosting a ‘PEI Famous’ Bartending Series on Thursday evenings, and Evelyn’s Cidered Classic Cocktails on Friday evenings!
17. Eat, drink and BOWL at The Alley – be sure to make reservations in advance to avoid disappointment.
18. Make a toast to the East Coast with a culinary or craft beverage tour through PEI|TASTING|TOURS.
19. Go for a horse-drawn sleigh ride with Great Northern Adventures. During the Ice City Festival (Jan 26 – Mar 31), enjoy $5 horse & wagon rides every Saturday & Sunday! More info here.
20. Plan an impromptu pub crawl and check out local hot spots with impressive selections like Craft Beer Corner, Hop Yard, Merchantman Pub, John Brown Richmond Street Grille, PEI Brewing Company, Upstreet Craft Brewing, and Red Island Cider.
21. Work on your swing at All About Golf located in the Confederation Court Mall or the golf simulator at Charlottetown Beer Garden.
22. Sip a coffee or hot chocolate, and people-watch at one of our numerous cafés downtown.
23. Climb to new heights on the Red Rock Climbing Wall in Stratford.
24. Head to Red Shores Racetrack and Casino and try your hand at a game of Texas Hold ‘Em poker or check out the live and simulcast horse racing and cheer on your favourites!
25. Get your trivia on! During the winter, Charlottetown transforms into a trivia town, with several bars and pubs hosting trivia throughout the week. Check out The Buzz for trivia listings or inquire at individual spots including Hunter’s Ale House, Churchill Arms, Upstreet, The Old Triangle, and the PEI Brewing Company.
26. Get together for a friendly game of axe-throwing at Chuck Hatchets, your not-so-typical lounge in downtown Charlottetown.
27. Dine in a snow pod at the Charlottetown Beer Garden. Be sure to make a reservation in advance to avoid disappointment!
28. Challenge your friends and family to a dance battle or game of pool at the arcade + game centre inside Ponyboat Social Club. Or, aim for a cozier night in with a couple of board games at Strikers Den.
29. Visit the Charlottetown Farmers’ Market on Saturdays for local goods, hot food, and lots of friendly chats with local vendors.
30. Build a snow family at Victoria Park or in one of the City squares! Share your artistic accomplishments with the world by snapping a pic and tagging #discovercharlottetown
31. Kill time by pursuing the extensive collection of vinyl records at Charlottetown’s beloved hub for the local music community, Back Alley Music. Keep the vintage hunt going at Green Eye Designs or Luxury Market Consignment.
32. Treat yourself to a spa day at Pure Spa or Grand Senses Spa.
33. Start planning the perfect spring getaway in the city around events such as PEI Fashion Weekend (April 19 & 20) the PEI Setting Day Culinary Festival (May 10-12), PEI Festival Of Wines (May 23 – 25), PEI Mutual Festival of Small Halls (Jun 14-23), Island Tides Yoga & Wellness Festival (Jun 20-23), and DiverseCity Festival (Jun 23).
34. Fatbike along 10km of groomed trails accessible via the nordic lodge at Mark Arendz Provincial Ski Park, or with Meridian63° MTB.
35. Give your body a stretch and/or sweat it out with hot yoga classes and other group fitness classes at Modo Yoga, Charlottetown Yoga Space, or Infrared Fitness.
36. Take a dive off the deep end, climb the Tarzan rope, or wade your way into the leisure pool at the Bell Aliant Centre pool, located at the UPEI campus.
37. Treat your kitchen to a day off and enjoy your favourite brunch fixing at one of the many restaurants or cafe’s around town. Here’s a curated list of brunch & breakfast in Charlottetown, from us to you.
38. Art lovers and culture seekers will want to take some time to visit the Confederation Centre Art Gallery and/or The Guild’s Hilda Woolnough Gallery to make for a perfect morning or afternoon outing.
39. Get your fill of shopping in Charlottetown’s downtown core, which is filled with independent shops and artisan boutiques, as well as the Shops of Confederation Court Mall.
40. Pack a lunch, hop in the car and explore one or more of the Island’s coastal drives all dressed up in winter whites. Psssst – Kent Street Market, Farmacy + Fermentary, and Riverview Country Market are great for stocking up on road trip-friendly eats.
41. Take a stroll on foot to marvel at the gorgeous Victorian Homes, thoughtful pops of colour, and restored heritage buildings throughout the downtown core. Streets like West Street, Green Street, Pownal Street, and Prince and Hillsborough Streets, to name just a few, have lots of beautiful homes worth creeping.
42. Grab your camera (or your phone!) and take a self-guided walking tour while hunting for the various Eckhart the Mouse characters hidden throughout the downtown core! Your kiddies will delight in seeing these adorable mice decked out in their winter gear.
43. Feed your inner bookworm at The Bookmark in the Confederation Court Mall, The Bookman on Queen Street, or the all-new Charlottetown Library Learning Centre on Queen Street.
44. Take advantage of complimentary snowshoes available to guests at many of our accommodation partners. Head out exploring the city after a snowfall or drive to the countryside and explore the many trails beyond the city limits. Check out our Snowshoes in the City Guide here.